ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN - 12 Month Fixed Contract
The Assembly Technician reports to the Assembly Team Leader, working within the Assembly team, and across Horstman Group companies, and the wider RENK group companies from time to time.
Full process specific training will be provided in line with Technical specification & practical experience.
Reporting to the lead build you will be responsible for sub & final assembly tasks along with acceptance testing.
This role will require the ability to change from days to a two shift pattern as & when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleaning of components prior to assembly process
- Assembly of components in line with technical drawings & specification
- Rework and fitting of components prior to final assembly
- Checking end float & measuring backlash
- Precision measurement of components
- Calculating shims sizes using mathematical formulas
- Identifying and picking parts from Kanban system
- Maintaining full traceability throughout with paperwork and digital documentation
- Booking sub-assemblies to stock
- Operation, recording results & installation/removal of Gearboxes from automated test rigs
- Collation of components, preservation & final packing of completed assemblies
- Working within defined safety standards and testing processes and methodologies.
- Protect the business IPR when disclosing information to 3rd parties.
- Other duties as required.
- Improving & maintaining a high level of 5S throughout the assembly environments
- Actively support continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
Knowledge & Ability Required
The post holder is required to have / be:
- A strong team player.
- Proven experience in a precision assembly or mechanical fitting environment
- Strong team-working ethic, with the drive and flexibility to maintain pace of work as priorities and requirements change
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative & manage time effectively
- Willingness to learn new skills to be a part of a multidiscipline team
- Ability to produce high quality output with attention to detail.
- A hands-on approach, able and willing to perform tasks effectively.
- High level of conscientiousness
- 5S mind set maintaining hand tools and working environment to a high standard
- Ability to obtain a UK SC clearance.
- Familiar with IT basics, Microsoft office and operating system
- Comfortable with basic mathematical equations
The post holder is desired to have but not required:
- Previous experience with transmission assembly, repair or overhaul
- Syteline experience
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision under own initiative.
- Able to generate high quality output with an excellent attention to detail.
- Professional, methodical approach to work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible attitude to work requirements to support assembly activities as necessary.
- A desire to innovate and strive for optimal solutions, seek better ways to perform and share lessons learned with peers.