The IT Technician will work as part of the IT department. They will be required to be the first point of contact for all IT related queries. Responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, alongside other technical duties.
Expected to display good interpersonal skills, as the role will require interaction with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. Understanding all their technical needs, and working with them to implement solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Manage Software updates
- Provide support to users and be the point of contact for error reporting
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Conducting backup operations
- Managing technical documentation
- Provide staff with technology support, which includes troubleshooting operating systems
- Systems, applications, and network issues, answering questions regarding application use, and the installation of software
- Advise staff on best practices, policies, and process improvement
Knowledge & Ability Required
The post holder is required to have / be:
- A strong team player.
- Great experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- Completed a college course in computing or IT support, such as a Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems Support or a Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Experience in Windows Server operating systems
- Familiarity with computer networking concepts and protocols
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision under own initiative.
- Passion for technology and knowledge of technical systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well individually and in teams.
- Able to generate high quality output with an excellent attention to detail.