Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
You will need to be a skilled engineer with experience in Maintenance engineering.
In your role you will be responsible for both mechanical and electrical works consisting of the planned and reactive maintenance to the factory machinery (CNC machining centres, hydraulic and pneumatic test and assembly equipment).
The post holder reports directly to the Facilities and Maintenance Lead
Duties & Responsibilities
The Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers responsibilities are to deliver the following services to the business through a combination of personal hands on work, leadership, delegation and management of sub-contract services:
- Maintain all production machinery both electrically and mechanically to ensure maximum uptime of all process equipment.
- Be responsible for ensuring unplanned stops of production facilities is kept to a minimum by effective maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Proactively engineer out process and machine failure modes.
- Develop and execute effective TPM programmes and planned maintenance routines to maximise machine availability to deliver OEE levels in line with company metrics.
- Manage breakdowns and planned servicing of plant and equipment.
- Installation and commissioning of plant and equipment.
- General day to day maintenance activities.
- Maintain a high standard of 5S.
- Reading and understanding of electrical, mechanical and fluid drawings.
- Effective communication of resource status to all stakeholders within the business.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Assess and procure as required external spares and resource to ensure minimal downtime of process and plant machinery.
- Identify, procure and maintain safety stock levels of long lead maintenance spares items for key processes.
- Maintain records for both internal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Environmental, Health & Safety and regulatory legislation.
- Reacting to plant facilities breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
- Actively support continuous improvement activities throughout the business
Knowledge & Ability Required
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate previous knowledge and experience in a multi skilled maintenance role in relation to electrical / mechanical maintenance engineering and is required to show :
- Strong team-working experience, with the drive and flexibility to maintain pace of work as priorities and requirements change.
- A maintenance professional with Health and safety knowledge including risk assessments.
- Experience of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in a multi skilled maintenance role in electrical, mechanical and facilities maintenance.
- Motivation and initiative with demonstrated time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Current 18th IEE regulations.
- To be proactive in Risk Management strategies to ensure business continuity.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities.
- The ability to obtain UK Security Clearance.
- Good problem solving skills.
- To be able to demonstrate good organisational skills.
- To be highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and education.
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop:
- Experience and knowledge of CI tools, Lean and the drive to develop Six Sigma skills through external training bodies.
- Relevant qualification in Health, Safety and Environmental field.
- To be trained in Six Sigma (Yellow Belt minimum) and have a proven track record of implementation.