Business Development Executive – Global
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
Horstman is a high value added, innovative engineering business with a global footprint that provides a quality, technically excellent offering to solve customers’ problems, on time, throughout the product lifecycle. Our core offering is in specialist vehicle suspension, with a portfolio balanced by high integrity engineered product in adjacent, complementary, markets.
We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, and a Simply Health cash plan.
Note this is a global role and the candidate may be based in a different country from the host location
The role requires significant mobility and business travel. An employing (host) company will be agreed with the post holder from the Horstman group of companies, which may be different from the country of residence of the holder. Remote working will be supported, with exact details and implications for site attendance, travel and expenses to be covered by the individual employment agreement.
Summary of Role:
The Business Development Executive (BDE) works as part of the global Horstman team to identify, shape and capture new business from new and current core customers, driving order intake for Horstman and RENK group. The BDE services existing accounts, obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call upon assigned new accounts or by developing new potential contacts through trade shows and conference attendance.
The BDE must work at pace across multiple pursuits, collaborating closely with the Commercial and Engineering functions of the group as prospects move through Horstman’s business development process from prospects into opportunities and eventually into long term sustainable relationships. The BDE will use their exceptional customer relationship skills to develop new customers and maintain relationships with existing customers.
Responsibilities start with opportunity and pursuit identification, requirement shaping, capture planning, concept generation, customer briefings and demonstrations, bid/no bid decisions, proposal writing, price-to-win, customer negotiations and contract award.
The role is in a key position regarding proper business ethics, export / trade compliance, fraud prevention and anti-corruption measures. They will at all time work in compliance with the RENK Group code of conduct, the UK Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Knowledge & Ability Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent people skills including the ability to empathise, listen and communicate
- Proven problem-solving abilities, leadership and team skills to work together towards a common goal.
- Agile, driven self-starter with great conflict resolution abilities
- Ethically aware and results orientated
- Successful and experienced international Business Developer with a track record of success in defence or related high integrity engineering markets
- Demonstrated ability to develop a network of customers and businesses
- An existing network of relevant international contacts in government and industry
- Able to rapidly understand and confidently promote complex engineered solutions to address customer problems.
- Willing and able to undertake significant and extended international travel
- Able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Right to work in host company location, travel internationally (passport, visas, driving licence and other documentation as required)
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop with training:
- A knowledge of suspension, transmissions or related driveline technologies and markets
- A knowledge of physics-based vehicle dynamics modelling and simulation and virtual or extended reality-based immersive simulation solutions
- A knowledge of environmental control and power generation systems
- A knowledge of high integrity engineering service provision, such as design services, quality manufacturing, supply chain and programme management
- A comprehensive understanding of capture planning including price-to-win Experience of defence, military , automotive or high integrity engineering
- Experience with UK, CA, US, DE trade compliance legislation for defence products and services
- Additional language skills are desirable
- Able to obtain a relevant security clearance (eg UK SC, Canadian CGP)
For further details please view the job description: https://horstmangroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-04-20-Business-Development-Exec-Job-Description-final.pdf
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not part of our current PSL and therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.