CNC Machinist Night Shift
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
- We are looking for 3 permanent night shift CNC Machinists
- 23:00 – 07:00 Sunday to Wednesday with ½ hr unpaid lunch
- 23:00 – 06:30 Thursday with ½ hr unpaid lunch
- Night shift rate – 50% of base rate
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting (tooling and fixtures) and running (proven program) designated CNC resource.
- Liaising with Manufacturing Engineering to program-prove, prove tooling package and thus the activity prove-out of new process activities.
- Submit a near net shape and quality part for first-off inspection.
- Carry out any data capture required to improve process capability and control e.g. Statistical Process Control (SPC) and / or Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- To support the business to meet defined KPIs e.g. On Time Delivery.
- Actively support continuous improvements activities throughout the business.
The ideal candidate
- Demonstrated experience in CNC machining (Milling and / or Turning and / or Mill-Turn) of high precision products from a variety of materials and forms i.e. solid, castings or forgings.
- Demonstrated experience in a high value, low volume mechanical manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Fanuc controls
- A demonstrable ability to problem solve is desirable
- The ability to carry out a minimum level of minor/ basic editing of CNC programs
- Having a Secondary skillset(s) e.g. another CNC skillset, Manual Turning, EDM, Rotary and / Cylindrical Grinding etc. is a distinct advantage
- A demonstrable background in delivering Continual Improvement ideas is an advantage
- Computer literate.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not part of our current PSL and therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.