CNC Machinist – Shifts
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking for CNC Machinists to set and operate defined machine resources, producing a product portfolio to meet design criteria.
- To set (tooling and fixtures) and run (proven program) designated CNC resource, as defined in the work instruction, within a defined manufacturing process.
- As 1) however in liaison with Manufacturing Engineering program-prove, prove tooling package and thus the activity prove-out of new process activities.
- The ability to carry out a minimum level of minor/ basic editing of CNC programs.
- As an output of 1), 2) and 3) submit a near net shape and quality part for first-off inspection. Thereafter liaise with the quality team to close any defined gap between submitted work piece and design or stage drawing requirement.
- Where applicable, and aligned to point 4), work to defined Inspection Control Plans (ICP).
- Carry out any data capture required to improve process capability and control e.g. Statistical Process Control (SPC) and / or Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Ensure that work is moved on to the next work center on completion of current operation.
- To support the business to meet defined KPIs e.g. On Time Delivery.
- To ensure health & safety requirements of the individual and team members are met.
- Actively support continuous improvements activities throughout the business.
- Support the process to ensure all necessary tooling, materials and documentation is available to facilitate on time manufacture.
- Support the development and maintenance of a multi-skilled workforce by training colleagues as and when necessary.
- In the support of point 12) undertake any training identified / specified to achieve acceptable/ improved levels in a personal skill-set.
- Support the development and actively encourage a team culture within the machine shop manufacturing areas.
- Maintain systems and procedures to enable continuing compliance with ISO9100 quality standard.
- Work with/support multi-disciplined teams in the introduction of new products and production processes into full manufacture.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in the machine shop areas.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience in CNC machining (Milling and / or Turning and / or Mill-Turn) of high precision products from a variety of materials and forms i.e. solid, castings or forgings
- Demonstrated experience in a high value, low volume mechanical manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Fanuc controls
- A demonstrable ability to problem solve is desirable
- Having a Secondary skillset(s) e.g. another CNC skillset, Manual Turning, EDM, Rotary and / Cylindrical Grinding etc. is a distinct advantage
- A demonstrable background in delivering Continual Improvement ideas is an advantage
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to obtain UK Government security clearance if required.
- Earlies: 6am to 2pm Monday to Thursday, 6am to 1.30pm Friday
- Lates: 2pm to 12pm Monday to Wednesday, 2pm to 11pm Thursday
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not part of our current PSL and therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.