Commodity Manager: Logistics, Packaging, Energy, Auxiliary Materials
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
This role is working for our parent company RENK Group based in Augsburg, Germany
It will be based from the Horstman site in Bath but will necessitate international travel
- You will be responsible for the strategic purchasing of logistics, packaging, energy and auxiliary materials. As part of this, you will safeguard and bundle purchasing activities across various sites and projects to ensure the best conditions globally with an excellent supplier base.
- You will identify, train and develop suppliers and grow a high-performing portfolio of preferred suppliers within your goods and services group(s).
- Develop and implement a global product group strategy in coordination with x functional areas with the goal of reducing costs efficiently and sustainably while at the same time securing plant supply.
- Identify further process optimization potential and realize short-term/medium-term/long-term savings potential and working capital optimization.
- You will independently conduct price and contract negotiations until conclusion of the contract, using innovative negotiation methods to guarantee supply security at optimal conditions.
- After graduating from a technical or business studies degree program, you have already gained several years of experience in strategic purchasing and project purchasing, ideally in the production sector
- You have an international mindset combined with business proficiency in English and are willing to travel internationally
- Your main competences are: analytical skills, an outcome-oriented approach and knowledge of the market.
- You also have good SAP (MM) and MS Office knowledge
If you are interested and your qualifications match our requirements, please apply below by November 30th 2021.