Digital Content Creator
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
Our parent company RENK are looking for a Digital Content Creator to be leading all international content creation activities of the RENK Group, including its US and UK subsidiaries RENK America (formerly CPS) and the Horstman Group.
- The primary role of the DCC is to create, improve and / or deliver engaging and inspiring content to realise sales objectives and brand positioning strategies as well to highlight important technical aspects of the group’s products and services.
- The DCC will report directly to the Head of RENK’s global Marketing and Communication (“MARCOM”) team. The DCC will therefore work as part of RENK’s global MARCOM team, yet also closely collaborate with the group’s Business Development teams.
- Given the global nature of the role, it can be located at any of RENK’s main locations such as Augsburg (Germany), Bath (UK), Sterling Heights (USA) or Muskegon (USA), however, the DCC should be a native English speaker as content will be predominantly in English.
- Responsible for developing and implementing cross-platform content strategy plans, including websites, social media channels, brochures, press releases, etc.
- Creation of engaging content, particularly for press releases and social media channels, while working closing with external agencies for the creation or improvement of content for the group’s websites, brochures, etc.
- Collaborate closely with other team member and the group’s global Business Development teams to align strategic positioning goals and maintaining a unified voice across RENK’s various business units and brands
- Coordinate and implement a dynamic and goal oriented editorial calendar for social media channels, also by monitoring channels and industry trends as well as responding to social media messages, inquiries and comments
- Edit and proof read content developed by other teams that are to be published
- Support the creation of visually compelling graphics
Knowledge & Ability Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Digital Media or equivalent experience
- Exceptional proof reading and editorial skills, including content generation
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills; able to rapidly understand and confidently create promotional material for complex engineered solutions
- Ability to understand historical, current and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Experience of social media management and creating content across a range of platforms
- Flexibility to take over ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Work ethically at all times and ensure compliance with global export and licensing rules
- Able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Agile, results oriented, driven, self-starter with great conflict resolution abilities
- Willing and able to undertake international travel in support of aligning the various MARCOM activities
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Right to work in host company location, travel internationally (passport, visas, driving licence and other documentation as required)
- Fluent command of written and spoken English is essential
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop with training:
- A comprehensive understanding of graphic design, animation, video creation and editing, and digital / social media management tools
- A knowledge of suspension, transmissions or related driveline technologies and markets
- Experience or understanding of defence, military , automotive or high integrity engineering
- Experience with UK, CA, US, DE trade compliance legislation for defence products and services
- Additional language or translation skills and experience are desirable, fluency in German would be advantageous
- Able to obtain a relevant security clearance (eg , US, UK SC, Canadian CGP)