Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our small accounts team in Bath
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaising with and reporting to the Head of Finance.
- Preparing monthly statements inclusive of analysing and investigating variances and summarising data.
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage year-end audit.
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE & NIC and CIS) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors.
- Develop finance processes to ensure that robust controls are in place in line with the requirements of the business.
- Responsibility for group’s treasury management including administration of accounts and authorities.
- Manage the group’s cash transactions and reconciliations within a robust control framework.
- Manage the cash forecasting process to ensure that cash is actively managed, including early escalation of any issues.
- Manage the group’s fixed asset registers and ensure that all capital expenditure is authorised in line with the delegated authority framework.
- Manage the finance system to ensure that robust controls are in place regarding user access controls and segregation of duties.
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company and/or your Line Manager.
Knowledge & Ability Required
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA Qualified
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Understanding of IFRS and the application of the standards
- Staff management background
- Excellent communicator
- Proven ability of working under pressure
- Strong IT skills
- Occasional overseas travel
- German language would be beneficial