Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to be responsible for the efficient running of our Manufacturing Team.
The Manufacturing Manager motivates and supports the Manufacturing Team daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Manufacturing Manager ensures overall customer satisfaction, quality levels in line with AS9100, product traceability at all stages of the production process and delivers product to meet OTD targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for ensuring the Manufacturing Team support the business output levels required in line with customer requirements, both internal and external, by ensuring the following :-
- Manage the Manufacturing Team to ensure compliance with all HSE requirements and promote a strong Health and Safety culture in line with the requirements of ISO45001 through all manufacturing areas.
- Manage the Manufacturing Team to produce and prioritise jobs, and where necessary, re-organise to meet deadline / priority changes.
- Ongoing development of the multi shift working model throughout the Manufacturing Team as business requirements evolve to maximise machine resource utilisation and efficiency levels.
- Effective communication of product / programme status to all stakeholders within the business.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the TPM program in the manufacturing area.
- Monitor and maintain OEE levels in line with agreed targets and identify and mitigate potential barriers to attaining OEE levels consistently.
- Ensure machine uptime is maintained to high levels through effective communication of machine / process issues to the Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance teams.
- Drive continual improvement of the working environment and infrastructure through effective deployment of 5S program and culture.
- Maintain and manage Manufacturing Team time and attendance recording by way of Moorepay, flexi time, overtime management and return to work interviews.
- Monitor and identify potential capacity issues by work centre.
- Identify potential CI activities and implement, monitor and report on potential savings.
- Monitoring of output levels in line with standardised costing models to ensure output and efficiency levels are met.
- Identify and mitigate barriers to attaining required output levels caused by human resource, machine breakdowns or process issues by escalating issues to relevant team managers for support to minimise potential impact on output.
- Management and development of Manufacturing Team members utilising the Personal Development Review forum to identify skills gaps and potential development potential of team members.
- Active involvement in audits conducted both internally and by external certification bodies to demonstrate adherence by the Manufacturing Team to defined processes and procedures. Implementation of new procedures / practices as required and against any deviations identified.
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company and/or your Line Manager.
Knowledge & Ability Required
The post holder is required to have:
- An experience based understanding of CNC machines and processes.
- An experienced based understanding of production assembly processes.
- Strong team-working and leadership experience, with the drive and flexibility to maintain pace of work as priorities and requirements change.
- Excellent team working and motivational skills to maximise the potential of the Manufacturing Team.
- Adaptability to change in a fast paced, sometimes fluid, manufacturing environment to satisfy the demands and requirements of multiple programs.
- Motivation and initiative, working equally well from the office or shop floor, with demonstrated time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Experience in production scheduling and material planning using MRP / ERP tools.
- Degree in business, supply chain, logistics, operations/engineering or related field OR equivalent combination of qualifications and experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities.
- The ability to obtain UK Security Clearance.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in management / supervision of a variety of modern manufacturing environments.
- Experience in management of certified Quality and Health and Safety requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and knowledge of CI tools, Lean, Six Sigma ideally trained to Yellow Belt status or above.