Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking for a skilled engineer with experience in Maintenance engineering.
In your role you will be responsible for both mechanical and electrical works consisting of the planned and reactive maintenance to the factory machinery (CNC machining centres, hydraulic and pneumatic test and assembly equipment)
The Works Engineer responsibilities are to deliver the following services to the business through a combination of personal hands on work, leadership, delegation and management of sub-contract services:
- Maintain all production machinery both electrically and mechanically to ensure maximum uptime of all process equipment.
- Manage the requirements of TPM programmes and planned maintenance routines to maximise machine availability to deliver OEE levels in line with company metrics.
- Effective communication of resource status to all stakeholders within the business.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Assess and procure as required external spares and resource to ensure minimal downtime of process and plant machinery.
- Identify, procure and maintain safety stock levels of long lead maintenance spares items for key processes.
- Maintain records for both internal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Environmental, Health & Safety and regulatory legislation.
- Reacting to plant facilities breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate previous knowledge and experience in a multi skilled maintenance role in relation to electrical / mechanical maintenance engineering and is required to show :-
- Strong team-working experience, with the drive and flexibility to maintain pace of work as priorities and requirements change.
- Demonstrate previous knowledge and experience in a multi skilled maintenance role in electrical, mechanical and facilities maintenance.
- Motivation and initiative with demonstrated time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Current 17th IEE regulations.
- To be proactive in Risk Management strategies to ensure business continuity.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Good problem solving skills.
- To be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
- To be highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and education.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to obtain UK Government security clearance if required
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop:
- Experience and knowledge of CI tools, Lean and the drive to develop Six Sigma skills through external training bodies.
- Relevant qualification in Health, Safety and Environmental field.
- To be trained in Six Sigma (Yellow Belt minimum) and have a proven track record of implementation.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not part of our current PSL and therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.