Procurement Team Lead
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking for a Procurement Team Lead (PTL) to be the the sourcing and product expert for the Horstman group Business Unit (BU) and be the central interface between the BU and the global RENK supply chain organisation and the global commodity team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the central interface between the BU and the global RENK supply chain organisation and the global commodity team, and a strong advocate of the BU to ensure needs are understood and met by the organisation
- Personnel management, development and performance of the team. Carrying out regular development reviews with the team in line with local requirements.
- Ensure procurement compliance to all aspects of ISO9001, AS9100 & ISO45001
- Ensure purchases meet budget, delivery and quality standards and that agreed KPIs are set and met.
- Amend the core business system in a timely manner to ensure systems data reflects changes to current company policy.
- Ensuring that supply chain is capable of delivering consistent good quality parts at budgeted costs
- Interact with the senior management of Operations, Engineering, Project Management, QA and Finance on Design for Manufacture, Programmatic and Cost issues
- Support the introduction of new products with new or existing suppliers in coordination with the RENK Group
- Manage the purchasing budget including key signatory for the approval of purchase order requisitions within HDS. (Local key signatories will be assigned at HINC and HSYS).
- Provide input to and/or attend monthly Group board meetings and local site Management meetings to report on key metrics including, on time delivery, quality performance and budgeted cost goals in line with Horstman group targets.
- Retain day to day responsibility for own commodity buying
- The post holder is in a position to have a profound impact on the success and reputation of Horstman and above all will adhere to the Social & Ethical Policy and the Code of Conduct.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY REQUIRED
- This is a complex role. Key factors for success in the role will be a confident and assertive style, proven ability to rapidly master new systems of working and an ability to influence and collaborate cross functionally.
- The post holder will have capable experience and understanding, have worked in the supply chain role and be aware of
- Dimensions on engineering drawings and the ability understand them.
- The significance and achievement of engineering tolerances
- Up-to-date manufacturing processes
- Engineering materials / grades / conditions
- Ability to prioritise and organise in a complex multi project environment, strong team-working and aptitude for leadership.
- Proven supply chain experience within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Effective supply chain management is impossible without proper communication. The supply chain manager will need to have the ability to professionally communicate with all types of people via phone, email, face-to-face.
- A hands-on approach appropriate to an SME sized business, able and willing to perform tasks effectively where delegation is not always possible.
- A combination of experience and training in a relevant discipline and progressing towards formal qualification
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to identify and approve new suppliers in conjunction with QA to ensure a continued evolving supply chain
- UK driving licence.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Formal purchasing qualification MCIPS level 4 or higher.
- Have a working knowledge of Quality Management Systems standards (ISO9001, AS9100) and the supply chain role in meeting the requirements of the standards.
- Experience of working with an international supply chain
- Familiarity and understanding with multinational projects subject to US ITAR, EAR, German BAFA and UK export legislation.
- Ability to work within a multi-national defence company with a multicultural worldwide customer base.
- Experience and understanding of modern ERP system. Knowledge of systems like Syteline, Infor, SAP or Navision would be an advantage.
- Ability to obtain a UK SC clearance.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and education.