Quality Inspector Nights
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
- We are looking for a permanent night shift Quality Inspector
- 23:00 – 07:00 Sunday to Wednesday with ½ hr unpaid lunch
- 23:00 – 06:30 Thursday with ½ hr unpaid lunch
- Night shift rate – 50% of base rate
- Carry out inspection of First-off items and supplied goods using a combination of manual gauging, CMM and surface testing equipment.
- Carry out in-process inspection audits and provide constructive feedback to machine shop and assembly staff.
- Monitor the use and condition of in-process and central inspection gauging. Ensuring that gauging is returned for calibration in-line with the calibration schedule.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing Engineering team during process development to ensure that inspection requirements/methods are captured at the earliest possible stage of process definition.
- Utilise MSA and SPC as the basis for driving on-going process improvements.
- Undertake training on inspection processes and equipment where necessary.
- Support Engineering with new product and new process introductions.
- Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure continuing compliance with the AS: EN 9100, ISO 9001 Quality Management system and PED directive requirement and any project specific Quality requirements.
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
- Support the review of Final and stage drawings prior to release into production.
- Review areas of concern for continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure all documentation is accurately maintained and archived to aid product traceability
Knowledge & Ability Required
- knowledge of ISO9001:2008 (AS9100:2009 experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of metrology processes.
- knowledge and experience of CMM systems (VDMIS).
- Knowledge and experience and ability to read and understand Engineering drawings (including geometric tolerancing).
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Able to obtain a UK SC clearance
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop
- Experience in the use of industrial MRP, MRP-II or ERP tools; ideally Syteline
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not part of our current PSL and therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.