Shipping Administrator – Fixed Term Contract
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking for a Shipping Administrator to support the business. Initially this will be a fixed term contract with the potential for a permanent role and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- Preparation and completion of required administration for worldwide shipping, including generating accurate export invoices, import clearance instructions, online forms.
- Arranging and managing collections and deliveries with freight forwarders / couriers / customs agents / customers / third parties.
- Collect all import and export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commerical Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery, Despatch Notes) from freight forwarders and Stores Operatives.
- Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked, recorded and relevant databases are maintain to comply with in-house compliance and HMRC requirements
- Develop sound relationships with freight forwarders / couriers / third parties.
- Work closely with the Commercial function, Stores Operatives and Programme Management function.
- Support the Commercial function with any ad-hoc admin tasks
- Manage a busy email in-box
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company and/or your Line Manager.
Knowledge & Ability Required
- Experience of shipping and logistics
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills, able to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to operate on own initiative, manage workloads to meet multiple deadlines
- Fully competent with Microsoft applications Outlook, Work and Excel
- Be able to obtain a UK SC clearance if required
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop:
- Experience of working with ERP System is preferred. System used on-site is ‘Syteline’; so experience in this is desirable but not essential.