Supply Chain Manager
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
Horstman are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to provide direct leadership, motivation and management of the purchasing function who are required to generate and support a fully flexible supply chain through the selection and management of suppliers in conjunction with Horstman Quality department.
- The role forms part of Horstman Senior Management Team.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives for the business.
- Attend monthly Management meetings and report on key metrics including, on time delivery, quality performance and budgeted cost goals which will be derived in line with Horstman Group Vision Targets
- Responsible for Horstman’s global supply chain for the UK site in conjunction with Horstman Quality department, with a value in the range of £10-15M and growing.
- The Supply Chain Manager is in a position to have a profound impact on the success and reputation of Horstman and above all will adhere to the Social & Ethical Policy and the Code of Conduct.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with all functions of the business.
- Ensure procurement compliance to all aspects of ISO9001, AS9100 & OHSAS18001
- Assess the requirements for placement of dedicated Project Specific Supply Agreements
- Determine the key supply chain KPIs
- Ensure purchases meet budget, delivery and quality standards.
- Amend the core business system in a timely manner to ensure systems data reflects changes to current company policy.
- Support the introduction of new products with new or existing suppliers
- Ensuring that Supply Chain is capable of delivering consistent good quality parts at budgeted costs
- Personnel management, development and performance of the team. Carrying out regular PDR with the team
- Interaction with the senior management of Operations, Engineering, Project Management, QA and Finance on Design for Manufacture, Programmatic and Cost issues
- Management of purchasing budget including Key signatory for the approval of purchase order requisitions
- Oversee the Supplier award scheme.
Knowledge and Ability Required
- The post holder will have capable engineering experience and understanding, have worked in the supply chain role and be aware of
- Dimensions on engineering drawings and the ability understand them.
- The significance and achievement of engineering tolerances
- Up-to-date manufacturing processes
- Engineering materials / grades / conditions
- This is a high profile, fast paced and demanding role. Key factors for success in the role will be a confident and assertive style along with the ability to influence and drive collaboration cross functionally
- Ability to prioritise and organise in a complex multi project environment strong team-working and leadership experience.
- Proven supply chain experience within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Formal purchasing qualification MCIPS level 4 or better or an equivalent combination of experience and training in a relevant discipline.
- Effective supply chain management is impossible without proper communication. The supply chain manager will need to have the ability to professionally communicate with all types of people via phone, email, face-to-face.
- A hands-on approach appropriate to an SME sized business, able and willing to perform tasks effectively where delegation is not always possible.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to identify and approve new suppliers in conjunction with QA to ensure a continued evolving supply chain
- UK driving licence.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Have a working knowledge of Quality Management Systems standards (ISO9001, AS9100) and the supply chain role in meeting the requirements of the standards.
- Experience of working with an international supply chain would be desirable
- Familiarity and understanding with multinational projects subject to US ITAR, EAR, German BAFA and UK export legislation.
- Ability to work within a multi-national defence company with a multicultural worldwide customer base.
- Experience and understanding of modern ERP system. Knowledge of systems like Syteline, SAP or Navision would be an advantage.
- Ability to obtain a UK SC clearance.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and education.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies who are not part of our current PSL and therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.