Trade and Compliance Officer
Horstman Defence Systems Limited, Bath, UK
We are looking to recruit an experienced Trade and Compliance Officer to manage all aspects of the import and export control process including the compilation of all documentation associated with the import and export of components, finished goods and customer returned equipment.
To ensure that the company procedures comply with all HM Revenue and Customs requirements for the import and export of military goods and the transfer of technology to and from the U.K.
To ensure that the company procedures comply with all ITAR/EAR Controls.
To ensure that all Trade Compliance processes and procedures are adhered to with the company, leading internal and external audits as required.
Knowledge & Ability Required
- Degree level or equivalent experience in an appropriate discipline
- Extensive knowledge of the processes associated with the Import and Export of controlled components and finished goods.
- Ability to manage own workload and high level of self motivation coupled with excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working to and meeting demanding deadlines
- Ability to obtain UK security clearance if required
- Knowledge of MOD Commercial and procurement aspects.
- MOD Commercial and Procurement
- Defence Import & Export (UK)
- Audit Experience.
For further information please clink here to see the full job description: https://horstmangroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Trade-Compliance-Officer-V2-JUL-21-FINAL.pdf