Horstman Compressible Fluid
Proven in Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF), mining, wildland fire fighting and cash-in-transit applications.
The compressible fluid struts use a high-performance silicone fluid, which due to its molecular structure is more compressible than traditional hydraulic oils. Robust environmental seals make the compressible fluid struts a sealed module suitable for robust environments.
Acquired by Horstman in 2010 from Davis Technologies, compressible fluid struts are designed to augment the spring load of the vehicle from the strut. This allows the vehicle designer to overcome the spring packaging constraints thereby allowing greater vehicle payloads.
Proven in Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF), mining, wildland fire fighting and cash-in-transit applications, Horstman has continuously upgraded compressible fluid struts with the latest sealing technology to improve vehicle stability and crew comfort.
Combines spring and damping in single device
- Allows additional payload to be added to the vehicle when used with current springs
Bolt-in solution for increased load carrying capacity
- Well suited for vehicles with limited spring packaging space and high spring loads; allows for extremely high capacity loads
Improves vehicle stability and ride quality
- Reduce losses caused by vehicle rollover and lowers occupant fatigue
Reliable product with long operating life
- Reduces fleet operating costs due to low operating costs and long product life
- Reinforced mounting brackets designed to carry increased loads