Horstman Active Technology
Suitable for all vehicle systems, including wheeled and tracked.
The heritage and quality of the General Kinetic Engineering Corp ActiveShock product range are fully retained and supported as part of Horstman Canada’s ongoing operations.
Horstman active technology has been developed to provide the ultimate in high-performance suspension.
Proven on platforms such as the LAV-25, High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), SCANIA TGB30 and Lancer.
This technology differs from conventional suspension in that the absorbed energy is electrical, not heat, and is regenerative when the vehicle wheel is pushed toward bump (jounce), and powered when extending toward rebound.
Suitable for all vehicle systems, including wheeled and tracked, at all weight classes and providing true innovation to all-electric vehicles.
Total force control of a wheel
- Fast controlled movement of the wheel suspension movement, providing the very best suspension performance, with reduced fuel consumption / increased range
Any spring characteristic, programmable by software
- Any shape spring characteristic is possible, with the Horstman active suspension system, allowing for adaptive tuning and adjustment
- The spring characteristic can also be varied at any time for any operational scenario, by software. For example, on-road and off-road performance can be varied intelligently
Any damping characteristic, programmable by software
- Any damping characteristic is possible, with the Horstman active suspension system, allowing for tuning and adjustment
- The damping characteristic can also be varied at any time for any operational scenario, by software, including the capability to tune anti-dive, anti-roll and stabilisation of weapons and sensor systems when firing on the move
Integrated System Approach
- The suspension unit, sensor package, electrical power management, control system and vehicle interfaces are all supplied by Horstman, simplifying the installation and integration into a vehicle platform
Redundant passive suspension functionality
- On loss of power the system reverts to a passive suspension mode to maintain mobility
- Charging kit – Hydrobooster™
- Wheel hub, light weight wheels, wear guards, bump stops