Horstman Ride Height Control System – RHCS™
The RHCS™ delivers vehicle strategic mobility for airlift, rail transportation and sea lift
The Horstman Ride Height Control System (RHCS™) provides a fully selectable ground clearance adjustment that also maintains the correct weight distribution on multiple axles.
A CANBUS compliant Driver Interface Unit allows for terrain and ride height selections.
The RHCS™ delivers vehicle strategic mobility for airlift, rail transportation and sealift. Tactical mobility, platform stability, and suspension life expectancy are improved.
Integrated, tested and produced on multiple 6×6 and 8×8 platforms the RHCS has delivered high mobility into amphibious, desert, mountain and tropical terrain.
Lower vehicle height / survivability
- Reduced height for air-portability and rail gauge
- Lower silhouette for reconnaissance, or higher ground clearance for counter IED operations
Automated Ride Height Settings
Automatic height settings for improved performance across defined terrains
Independent Wheel Station Control
- Independent wheel station management provides recovery position adjustment
- Improves vehicle maintenance operations
- Maximizes ground contact and vehicle stability while ensuring optimal loading conditions on all axles
- Compensation for payload variation across all vehicle variants
- Laptop and tablet-based maintainer tools
- System electrical harnesses
- Hydrostrut® suspension
- Joystick attitude control
- Track tensioner (tracked vehicles) – passive or active