Carry out Central & Goods Inwards Inspection activities. This will include, but is not limited to, product and process audits, supporting ongoing continuous improvement activities throughout the business, development of a team culture within the inspection functions, and across the business.
The post requires a working knowledge of best practice metrology processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out inspection of First-off items and supplied goods using a combination of manual gauging, CMM and surface testing equipment.
- Carry out in-process inspection audits and provide constructive feedback to machine shop and assembly staff.
- Monitor the use and condition of in-process and central inspection gauging. Ensuring that gauging is returned for calibration in-line with the calibration schedule.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing Engineering team during process development to ensure that inspection requirements/methods are captured at the earliest possible stage of process definiTION
- Utilise MSA and SPC as the basis for driving on-going process improvements.
- Undertake training on inspection processes and equipment where necessary.
- Support Engineering with new product and new process introductions.
- Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure continuing compliance with the AS: EN 9100, ISO 9001 Quality Management system and PED directive requirement and any project specific Quality requirements.
- Deliver annual objectives set by functional manager.
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
- Support the review of Final and stage drawings prior to release into production.
- Review areas of concern for continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure all documentation is accurately maintained and archived to aid product traceability.
Knowledge & Ability Required
The post holder is required to have / be:
- A strong team player.
- knowledge of ISO9001:2008 (AS9100:2009 experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of metrology processes.
- knowledge and experience of CMM systems (VDMIS, Camio).
- Knowledge and experience and ability to read and understand Engineering drawings (including geometric tolerancing).
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Able to obtain a UK SC clearance
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop
- Experience in the use of industrial MRP, MRP-II or ERP tools; ideally Syteline