Horstman Kinetic Dampers
Our Kinetic Damper solutions provide a best value solution that is simple, rugged and backed by a hundred years of all-terrain, all-weather experience. From the same family we enable growth to computer controlled variable damping (semi-active) and force-inserting (fully active damping) suspension as well as ride height management systems.
The heritage and quality of the General Kinetic Engineering Corp product range are fully retained and supported as part of Horstman Canada’s ongoing operations.
Horstman has developed traditional Kinetic Damper spring suspensions for vehicles ranging from light snowmobiles and All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) through small and medium-sized pick-up trucks and SUVs to large agricultural vehicles and wheeled and tracked armoured personnel carriers.
Our Kinetic Damper solutions provide an affordable means for customers to either increase the weight carried by the vehicle without degrading vehicle performance or to improve vehicle performance at the stock vehicle weight.
Our family of products allow growth to computer-controlled variable damping (semi-active suspension) and computer-controlled force-inserting (fully active damping) suspension solutions as well as ride height management systems.
Proven in the FV430 Bulldog, Eitan 8×8 APCs, a wide variety of Commercial Armored Vehicles (CAVs) including the Cadillac Escalade, Dodge 5500, Ford F250 & F550, Ford Ranger T6, Toyota Hilux, LC200, LC76 & 79 and other platforms.
Custom solutions for commercially available vehicles
- Off-the-shelf solutions available to CAV customers increasing stock commercial vehicle curb weight by addition of armor
Integrated vehicle kits
- Complete kit solutions available for a wide range of commercial vehicles including coil, leaf or torsion bar springs, shock absorbers, stabilizer bars, hydraulic bump stops and upgraded steering systems
Improved damping at multiple price / performance points
- Remote reservoir shocks with manually tuned damping, position sensitive damping, computer controlled variable damping or force-inserting fully active damping options are available allowing customers to pick the right cost / performance price point for their application
- Coil, leaf or torsion bar springs
- Stabilizer bars
- Independent suspension conversions & higher capacity axles
- Pitman Arm
- Ball Joint
- Steering Dampers
- Tie Rods
- Axle modification
- Hydraulic Bump Stop
- Lift Kit