CNC MACHINIST - 3 shift
To set and operate defined machine resource producing a product portfolio to meet design criteria. The machine resource during operation and the tooling and fixtures (status, usability and cleanliness) specified for the process activities undertaken.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To set (tooling and fixtures) and run (proven program) designated CNC resource, as defined in the work instruction, within a defined manufacturing process.
- In liaison with Manufacturing Engineering program-prove, prove tooling package and thus the activity prove-out of new process activities.
- The ability to carry out a minimum level of minor/ basic editing of CNC programs.
- As an output of the above, submit a near net shape and quality part for first-off inspection. Thereafter liaise with the quality team to close any defined gap between submitted work piece and design or stage drawing requirement.
- Where applicable, and aligned to point above, work to defined Inspection Control Plans (ICP).
- Carry out any data capture required to improve process capability and control e.g. Statistical Process Control (SPC) and / or Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Ensure that work is moved on to the next work center on completion of current operation.
- To support the business to meet defined KPIs e.g. On Time Delivery.
- To ensure health & safety requirements of the individual and team members are met.
- Actively support continuous improvements activities throughout the business.
- Support the process to ensure all necessary tooling, materials and documentation is available to facilitate on time manufacture.
- Support the development and maintenance of a multi-skilled workforce by training colleagues as and when necessary.
- In the support of point 12) undertake any training identified / specified to achieve acceptable/ improved levels in a personal skill-set.
- Support the development and actively encourage a team culture within the machine shop manufacturing areas.
- Maintain systems and procedures to enable continuing compliance with ISO9100 quality standard.
- Work with/support multi-disciplined teams in the introduction of new products and production processes into full manufacture.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in the machine shop areas.
Knowledge & Ability Required
The post holder is required to have / be:
- A strong team player.
- Demonstrated experience in CNC machining (Milling and / or Turning and / or Mill-Turn) of high precision products from a variety of materials and forms i.e. solid, castings or forgings.
- Demonstrated experience in a high value, low volume mechanical manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Fanuc controls
- A demonstrable ability to problem solve is desirable
- Having a Secondary skillset(s) e.g. another CNC skillset, Manual Turning, EDM, Rotary and / Cylindrical Grinding etc. is a distinct advantage
- A demonstrable background in delivering Continual Improvement ideas is an advantage
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator at all levels.